Huge thanks to Nick Brown for sharing his expertise with the Enterprise group yesterday – and also to our amazing SU President, Aimee Leggett, for her shark drop-in!
Nick visited us to talk about the use of video. He shared how different platforms all need different types of video – for instagram, a quick video snapshot is great, but if you want to keep your video, then uploading to Youtube is a better solution.
However, if you’re wanting to blog/journal using video, you’ll need to think more about the kind of content you produce. A video blog might still be filmed on your phone but time and thought will be put into editing and forward-facing your content.
Nick’s top tips for filming useful and usable content are:
- Buy a proper audio mike for your phone – poor audio content will let you down
- Once you’ve recorded your video, download it to your PC or Mac and use a software package to edit
- Buy a tripod. A smartphone tripod costs little and will make a huge difference
- Think about lighting – try to put lights above and behind you if you can
- If you really want to look professional use more than one camera
I can also proudly report that we now have a shared hashtag on twitter and facebook – #LaunchgradHCA
Huge thanks to the group for coming up with such a great name.
As always, if you’re a recent graduate of HCA and want to get involved or contribute to these discussions please email Sarah.
Because it’s reading week, there will be no Enterprise discussion group next week, but we will meet on the 14th between 12.30-1.30 in QBSR to discuss ‘small objects: creative alternatives to the business card’