We are piloting a Graduates in Residence scheme at HCA.
Graduates from our B. A (Hons) courses can apply to benefit from continuing access to HCA facilities for free – this initial pilot aims to run between March- July 2020. For the pilot, we expect to find two Graduates in Residence (GIR). The pilot scheme is open to applications from 2018/19 graduates only, but if you are due to graduate in 2019/20 (this year) it might be worth keeping in mind as we will be putting out a further call for applicants in Autumn 2020.
Successful Graduates will be expected to:
- Independently create a new and conceptually coherent body of work during their time at college**
- Have a positive impact on the student community at HCA
- Contribute to HCA’s strategic mission and vision
- Be prepared to present their practice to current students
- Be pro-active and engaged, potentially mentoring other students
Graduates will benefit from (subject to monthly review):
- Computer space to use in course areas and/or access to IT suite computers*
- Full college log-in and email address
- Free use (student terms) of specialist equipment and resources (no print credit)
- Free use of HCA workshop facilities, with bookings being carried out through the workshop manager at their discretion, with maximum availability to be determined by workshop teams***
- Ability to feed back into the creative community of HCA in a positive way
- Reputational gain and an enhanced professional CV
We expect demand for GIR spaces to be high and there is a robust application procedure.
Applicants will be selected on the following criteria:
- Their ability to independently produce a body of work
- Viability of project (how well HCA can accommodate your project without disadvantaging current students )
- Their potential positive impact on the existing student population/community of HCA
- A clear link to college strategic vision within their application
- The ability to co-operate in a busy working environment
- Reference (from course staff )****
All applications which are within the scope of the scheme will be given short email feedback. Shortlisted applications will be reviewed by a panel, not by course teams.
An online application form can be found here. Please note – you cannot save your application, however you can download a template to support your application below
Other useful information
Closing date for applications is the 15th March 2020
* Successful applicants will be expected to be proficient in processes as we cannot provide technical support.
**Studio space is not part of this offer; computer space in course areas will be at the discretion of the Course Leader
*** Please note that workshop access is limited during June, July, August, and September
****This is a verbal reference. You are asked to identify a member of staff in your application and we will approach them here at HCA